Ishtadev Niwas Residency and Yoga Teacher Training
Learn it, Live it, Share it.
Ishtadev Niwas Yoga Centre is proud to offer a Yoga Teacher Training for dedicated yogis who wish to both teach and practice yoga as a complete immersion and philosophy to daily living. Focusing on practicing all 4 paths of Yoga and the facilitation of the Hatha Yoga techniques as described by Patanjali's 8 limbs of yoga.
This radical act of self love will be taught as a 19 day immersion at the Ishtadev Niwas Yoga Centre and Farm, situated in the foothills of the pristine Purcell Mountains and overlooking the awe-inspiring Rocky Mountains in BC, Canada. We teach from a foundation of the Vedic and Tantric philosophies, providing tools for you to support yourself and others in the exploration of the inner self and techniques for living from a yogic perspective to bring us into harmony with all the day-to-day challenges we face.
The primary outcomes of this course are:
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of asana with foundations in Ayurvedic principles, doshic planning and facilitation, enabling you to tailor make classes to the moon cycle, weather, season, and choose postures based on the people in the room, in that moment.
* Adjustment and postural alignment from both Pranic and anatomical foundations, as not all bodies are created equal its important to be able to "read" a posture based on the pranic flow to see if the person is getting the most out of that posture, rather than just "doing" it.
* A deep understanding of the chakra psychology and principles for each technique and asana/pose, so that you are able to understand and hold space for your students to make the connections of mind, emotion and body in your classes.
* Exploration the koshas (karmic, mental, emotional and physical sheaths) from a practical and experiential understanding with relation to each asana/pose, so that even if you are facilitating a beginners class, the wisdom and energy you hold behind each cue has awareness and experience behind it.
* The immersion will also include deeper understanding, exploration and facilitation of Pranayama, Dharana, Dhyana/Meditation, yoga nidra, Mudras and Bandhas, so that your foundation of these techniques are so strong, that as you start to come into more advanced combinations you are able to embody the practices on a deeper level.
* Ashram life, satsang, sadhana and seva (karma yoga) for yoga is a way of life, and not something that we do, in order to teach it from an authentic perspective we benefit from having direct experiences of living an yogic lifestyle in retreat.
Dates: October 8 - 26, 2020 - please make sure you have done the pre-requisite of the Chakra Immersion beforehand...
Tuition For Members: $3,300
(an additional *aprox $200 will be needed for books, and manual)
Non Members please add $20
For our information email and application process please send us an inquiry email.
Head teachers on this course hold the E-YTT500 Yoga Alliance accreditation. Bios for Shivani Howe can be found in the named links. Guest teachers include Salvatore Zambito and Hari Kirtan Das
This course maintains, but also exceeds the Yoga Alliance minimum hour requirements for each aspect of yogic teacher training. It is because of this unique emphasis on sadhana and not just facilitation/teaching, this course is recommended (but not essential) for people who have already done their YTT200 or have had a committed practice for more than 5 years.
With the 21 day immersion, in combination with the chakra sadhana 70 immersion as a pre requisite, the total experience exceeds the 300YTT upgrade requirements.